Day for traveling from the capital to Turrialba.
Arrival to el Copal Reserve a cozy place in which you can enjoy seeing hummingbirds and other species right along its trails. From here, you can also have a spectacular view of the smoking Turrialba volcano.
The weather in this place is almost perfect year-round (not too hot, and not too cold).
Today, you may like to start birding very early and have great chances to watch the variety of birds in the place.
Later, we will have breakfast and continue watching or photographing birds either from the balcony or in the trail.
The guide may also take you to other birding spots in the afternoon depending on the bird’s behavior.
After breakfast, we leave towards San Gerardo de Dota.
On the way, we will stop by Quetzal’s Paradise, where you will have the chance to take some pictures of birds in the feeders.
Then, we continue towards San Gerardo de Dota, a village located in the slopes of Los Quetzales National Park, right next to the Savegre river.
The weather is very pleasant, but during the night, it can turn a little cold, reaching temperatures around 14 Cº (57° F).
The area is quite peaceful; you will hear many species of birds singing and the sound of the river’s clear water running.
Today we will have the entire day to visit feeders or other spots, where birds can be easily watched.
Morning for birding in the surrounding areas. After lunch time, departure towards San José.
- Pick up in San José
- 2 nights of lodging in El Copal Reserve
- 2 nights of lodging in Suria Lodge
- 4 days of dedicated transportation (from day 1 to day 4)
- 4 days of specialized birding guide (from day 1 to day 4)
- Admission to Quetzal’s Paradise
- 4 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Hotel and restaurant taxes
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visit to other places not mentioned on the itinerary
- Any other service not mentioned on the inclusions